CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

the wind in my helmet

So, I saddled up the old steed this evening, threw on some spandex and hit the mean streets for a little ride. As a result I have given myself a new nickname, its "the 16 mile per hour machine" I know its not very impressive for a competitive cyclist like Lance, but none the less not bad for a husky 26 year old, a couple of years out from back surgery. So what I wont be riding in the peloton anytime soon, but consider yourself warned that if you see something whiz by you at a blazing 16mph Its probably going to be me.

Next topic anyone who does not wear a helmet while biking is crazy, nothing says I love the feel of the wind blowing in my hair like your brains scattered across the pavement. Enjoy the visual.


Oh yeah and to the two cool dudes in the really sweet lowered Honda Civic that felt the need to honk several times and yell at me in Springville: I hope you enjoyed your mandate (and I mean non heterosexual mandate) watching the new fast and the furious followed by tribal tattoos or facial piercings, d-bags!

What else is new? The wife is due in 4 weeks, therefore the back room looks like a Babies R Us, which has become the new Target. Let me explain, I wasn't warned that when I got married I would be spending about 5 hours a week at Target or that once my wife became pregnant Target would quickly be replace by Babies R Us, nothing like spending money to buy things that smell like baby powder, which is one of my least favorite smells, i guess I have to lather the babe in Brut or something else.

Moving on, I would like to take this time to formally announce that I, the 16 Mile Per Hour Machine, am the owner of Center Street in Provo, from University Ave to 5th east, this is my street(i feel like the crazy old man in the neighborhood) and if you honk and me while I am pulling in to my driveway you will get the bird and I am not talking about the turkey vultures that have taken up shop on the block, also if you get pulled over for speeding, take it as an invitation to never drive on my street again. Consider yourself warned.
Warm Regards,

The 16 Mile Per Hour Machine

1 comments:

Doctor Dave, Papaw 10x said...

And That ! Is MY brand newest Son - in - LAW ! ! ! Hey - Papa Hawley - THX 4 thuh new post !